The Applications Development Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements
- Identify and analyze issues, make recommendations, and implement solutions
- Utilize knowledge of business processes, system processes, and industry standards to solve complex issues
- Analyze information and make evaluative judgements to recommend solutions and improvements
- Conduct testing and debugging, utilize script tools, and write basic code for design specifications
- Assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures
- Develop working knowledge of Citi’s information systems, procedures, standards, client server application development, network operations, database administration, systems administration, data center operations, and PC-based applications
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in programming/debugging used in business applications
- Working knowledge of industry practice and standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of specific business area for application development
- Working knowledge of program languages
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- A Bachelor of Science in an engineering or computer science field is preferred
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- Around 2-5 years of experience with full stack development on transactional, real time applications with high traffic and volumes.
- Strong Pega 7 & Pega 8 hands-on coding
- Understands Oracle DB and able to write SQL queries
- Experience with application debugging / troubleshooting using Pega PRPC
- DevOps tools knowledge like BitBucket, TeamCity, uDeploy and CI/CD on a Pega platform
- Preferred: Pega CBPA & CSSA certifications
- Experience in delivering solutions following Agile Methodology
- Willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- Works well and respect other disciplines of the project teams
- Experience in building portal for Banking and Financial Domain
- Good Analytical skills and Strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community
- Candidate should have good communication skills
- Candidate should have the ability to work as a partner with multiple stakeholders smoothly against challenging timelines
- Ability to work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about building quality software products with world-class people, processes and tools.
- Possess highly effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge with experience in design and development of large applications.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains effective communication within and across groups.
- Promotes continuous process improvement
Esta y todas las ofertas de Citigroup Chile S.A. se encuentran bajo el marco de la Ley N°21.015 que incentiva la inclusión de personas en situación de discapacidad al mundo laboral.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting