Develops and manages implementation of compensation, benefits and work/life balance programs that provide a competitive level of motivation and reward to employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor competitive trends in total rewards and identifies the organization's position compared to other employers.
- Knowledgeable of all government regulations governing the compensation and benefits area for Chile.
- Develop, implement and administer compensation programs that are cost- effective and provide strong competitive positioning for the enterprise. Programs include compensation structures, salary surveys, salary increases, job evaluations, performance appraisals,
long- and short-term incentive plans, financial and tax treatment of compensation plans.
- Conduct and participate in surveys.
- Assure proper evaluation of jobs through senior levels.
- Monitor the effectiveness of programs and recommends modification.
- Counsel managers on individual salary treatment.
- Analyze and recommend job grade placement, salary, incentive plan and long-term incentive eligibility for Albemarle positions in specified portfolio by using third party surveys and internal comparable data.
- Leads the development and recommendation of compensation programs and policies for Chile. Maintain knowledge of country compensation practices, requirements and norms.
- Manage the deployment of the global job classification and grading system. Ensure the Albemarle job profiles reflect market best practice and internal structure.
- Analyze and recommend compensation strategies relative to roles and job levels for compensations programs (e.g. engineering job ladder and salary structure update, short-term incentive & long-term incentive eligibility requirements, etc.).
- Develop and present total rewards communication and training materials.
- Ensure that existing and new incentive programs are adaptable to standardized computer and Workday reporting system. Maintain and improve on processes to ensure integrity of incentive eligibility data within Workday.
- Participate in other key total rewards projects.