Bechtel is seeking Engineering Automation Data Transfer/SPR CAD support for the Mining & Metals team, based in Chile. The position will be responsible for leading technologists and designers/drafters working with CAD and S3D applications within the assigned discipline. Supporting engineering work process to produce 3D models and all deliverables associated Must have strong knowledge on CAD applications, S3D, databases, SQL and code programming with VB
The candidate shall have more than 12 years of administrating and support Engineering extensive experience on medium to large EPC Mining projects and be able to provide input/Support identifying and implementing Engineering applications opportunities to maximize the benefits to projects.
The Engineering Automation Data Transfer/SPR CAD support is principally responsible for:
- Provides fundamental technical support and coordinates automation
- Supports and coordinates project electronic information and automation requirements
- Performs project development or detailed engineering phase work in the area of an individual's specialty.
- Configures S3D, including Setup Isometric environment, Drawing Styles set up and MTOs and reporting.
- Monitor S3D files for standard compliance.
- Assist S3D/PWise/Smart Sketch designers with technical issues.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of engineering/scientific work usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Plans, coordinates, and prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinates engineering/scientific efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other divisional groups.
- Assists in on-the-job training of assigned personnel and provide input for their performance evaluations.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares technical documents.
- Develops and interprets design criteria and specifications for complex systems, processes, structures and equipment.
- Monitors automation to identify improvements in work processes.
- Establishes service levels in support of customer community.
- Prepares and issues engineering software or engineering automated work process specifications for either internal or external development.
- Develops and issues project-specific engineering automation plans.
- Coordinates and monitors the work of unique engineering activities.
- Identifies and defines problems; plans and conducts research aimed at their solution.
- Prepares engineering software or engineering automated work process specifications for either internal or external development.
Qualifications and Skills
The Engineering Automation Data Transfer/SPR CAD support shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, AND Specialized courses in drafting, design, and engineering practices, OR Extensive experience in design and drafting.
- More than 12 years of experience supporting and administrating CAD/S3D environment, knowledge of engineering technology and design methods.
- Knows technical issues related to discipline and how to discuss with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators).
- English Skill In oral and written communication.
- A baccalaureate degree in technology, science or mathematics.
- Specialized courses in a technical field, and practical work experience to the degree necessary to perform the outlined responsibilities.
- Supports the process for data translations or transfers.
- Understands roles played by other departments on projects.
- Coordinates installation & configuration of Engineering Automation Tools.
- Defines requirements, tests & establish procedures & implement for data translations or transfers.
- Understands corporate policies, engineering procedures, and procedures/ practices of own discipline.
- Knows how to coordinate technical issues within an engineering discipline, with other disciplines, and with engineering staff.
- Knowledge of design tools and standards.
- Experience in working with design engineers.
- Experience in writing project technical papers.
- Ability to set up engineering applications on the new project.
- Understanding of software configuration management.
- Writes engineering automation plan for small/medium engineering projects.
- Strong knowledge with S3D/PWISE: setup, admin and daily support.
- Familiarity with S3D and Industry practices related to 3d and 4d models.
- General IS&T; knowledge.
- MS Office skills essential.
- Database skills essential.
- Knowledge of SQL/ORACLE/, Intergraph SmartPlant suite (SPPID/SPEL/SPI/SPPID) products skills desirable.
- Knowledge in VB. Net.
- General engineering design and work process knowledge are considered helpful.
- Basic knowledge of the Company’s administrative practices.
- Understand department procedures and corporate procedures.