As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist local to Santiago, Chile.
This candidate will provide first and second level of support to end users and responds to their needs and/or alerts through basic troubleshooting, resolution or escalation steps. Manages and implements initiatives or change controls. Collaborates with team members including sharing knowledge and documenting and contributing to knowledge base.
- Provides first level of support to end users and acts as a liaison between advanced support and end users including:
- Install and maintain desktop technologies (Desktops, Laptops, Phones, Monitors, Printers, etc)
- Assist in person or remotely in the resolution of support issues among company sites to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction
- Maintain printing systems and assist with network printer system maintenance
- Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, e-mail, walk-ups, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with current procedures
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
- Monitor conference room performance and maintenance schedule
- Maintains records of daily communication transactions, problems, remedial actions taken, and installation activities
- Works effectively and professionally with other team members, learns from and shares knowledge with others by documenting and contributing to knowledge base
- Assists associates in IT Specialist 2 role on initiatives and support issues as assigned
- Escalates irresolvable issues to advanced support or SME's
- Identifies and resolves problems of basic scope using proper tools and techniques
- Offers suggestions for process improvements
- Applies basic standards and procedures to accomplish tasks including learning how to use and apply applicable technologies
- Thoroughly documents work in an organized manner
- Communicates in written and verbal form effectively in a small team setting
- Understands Garmin’s Mission Statement and Quality Policy
- Responsible for working after hours in an “on call” capacity based on a rotation shared by the Help Desk and Technical Support Specialist teams
- Domestic travel to various Garmin sites to provide support, as Garmin Stores into Santiago in different malls as well as non-standard work days and hours
- Perform other duties as necessary
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Technical or Professional degree in IT
- Minimum of 2 years IT or technical experience
- Highly proficient with Windows, and some experience with Ubuntu Linux and Mac OSX computer platforms.
- Macintosh experience including mid to expert level support of Mac computers, iPhone, iPad
- Outstanding academics with the demonstrated ability to apply learned knowledge
- Demonstrates basic familiarity with troubleshooting and research tools
- Demonstrates basic familiarity with asset, service, monitoring, and documentation tools
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a small team setting
- Native Spanish speaker and advance or fluent English level.
- Superior academics
- Understanding and familiarity with Mac management tools: JAMF, Casper Suite, Apple Remote Desktop
- Previous experience working in a team environment
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.