Varian Medical Systems
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We are a fast-paced business team driving multi-disciplinary approach to bringing FLASH to the world. We are looking for an inspiring engineering leader that will define and drive the FLASH product. In this role you will collaborate with the product manager, clinical experts, marketing managers and engineering teams to define and deliver on the product roadmap.
You will be responsible for proposing pathways both technical and programmatic to satisfy time to market drivers. You will also work with regulatory affairs to drive the release strategy for product release.
Note: This position supports remote location within US.
In this role, the candidate will be expected to:
• Drive technology to advance FLASH product development
• Work with medical experts, regulatory managers to define clinical and regulatory submission strategies.
• Work with product managers and engineers to define product and delivery timelines
• Support/Guide system architectural development
• Provide a strong end to end system perspective to product development
• Influence and drive product definition choices with clear supporting rationale
• Estimate and manage engineering budget/spend
• Drive the high level activities of the engineering team
• Evaluate/Approve the engineering designs and results of design evaluations
- Proven ability to lead people
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with a technical and non-technical audience
- Proven ability to deliver product
- Experience with complex multidisciplinary systems
- 5 -10 years of experience working with complex real time control systems, electro-mechanical systems, and vacuum systems
- Strong preference of experience with radiation oncology (proton) delivery and treatment planning systems
- Degree in Physics or Engineering. (EECS preferred).
- Ph.D. plus 7 years experience, M.S plus 10 years experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills