Varian Medical Systems
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
The Marketing Manager, FLASH will develop and implement marketing activities around a novel new treatment technical which is currently under develop.
Note: This position is remote based. Applicants residing nationally are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as the Marketing Manager for a novel new therapy under development (FLASH)
that has the potential to improve global cancer care. The responsibilities of the Marketing Manager include creating and implementing marketing communication plans in coordination with other business areas and ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. The position will contribute to assessment of existing and potential markets, product lifecycle planning, definition of promotional activities, and product launch. Activities will include product advertising/promotion; planning, developing, and implementing multiple channel programs.
- Lead marketing strategy from clinical trial to commercialization, including management of communication plans, development of collateral and budgeting
- Work cross-functionally to define high-impact go-to-market strategies
- Provide “voice of customer” into overall FLASH roadmap
- Conduct market research on evolving customer needs and expectations
- Collaborate with Writers and Graphic Designers to create advertising content
- Create and manage a content calendar and scheduling deadlines
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the company, its products, and its client base to implement effective marketing campaigns
- Manage and supervise marketing projects from beginning to end
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with external vendors
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge: Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate the following personal and technical capabilities;
1) ability, competence, and confidence to effectively lead people
2) excellent organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills
3) self-motivated with proven capacity to handle change and ambiguity
4) ability to explain complex technical problems competently with clinically-oriented managers, sales team, and customers
5) proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
6) working experience in digital marketing, managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Marketing or related field, with a minimum of 5 years functional experience, preferably in healthcare.